COVID-19 has caused unprecedented disruption in the economies all over the world. Employers who have had to lay off or terminate employees are facing ever-increasing demands for larger settlements from lawyers representing employees. This Webinar explores the related employment law challenges, and the exposure employers are facing during this transition phase and once the virus is finally behind us.
On February 26, 2021, Ryan Conlin and Jeremy Schwartz discussed:
- The latest on Infectious Disease Emergency Leave layoffs and terminations
- Will Courts accept the demand from Plaintiffs that notice periods be increased due to COVID?
- The latest from the Courts on notice periods for short service and older employees
- The new challenges for enforcing ESA minimum employment contracts
- What the Supreme Court says about good faith in employment contracts