Date: Mar 28. 2022
The Ontario Government has proposed significant legislative changes that may impact how accident investigations and enforcement actions unfold, and regulatory orders and prosecutions may become more perilous for employers and senior executives as a result.
In this session, presented on March 28, 2022, Toronto Health and Safety lawyers Ryan Conlin and Jeremy Schwartz of Stringer LLP discuss:
- Proposed changes to the maximum fines for individuals and corporate officers and directors
- A potential doubling of the limitations period for commencing prosecutions
- The new sentencing factors Courts would be obliged to consider
- Critical strategies for modernizing Director and Officer due diligence
- What steps management should take now and following an accident in anticipation of these likely amendments